ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Systems Engineer
Job Number: 08-24-006-SYSTEMS-ENGINEER
Location: Harford County, MD
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Experience and/or Certifications Required:
- Standard Requirement: Candidate shall possess a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as eight (8) years of general experience and five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Tradeoff Requirement: Candidate shall possess an Associate’s degree or professional certificate in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, Engineering Management, or a related discipline, as well as ten (10) years of general experience and seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Candidate shall possess DAWIA Level II certification in SPRDE or working towards its completion. DAU courses will be at Government cost; however, travel costs (ex: Per Diem, lodging, mileage) will not be at Government cost.
Performance Based Tasks Required:
- Candidate shall provide systems engineering analysis on assigned programs to support branch program managers and/or systems engineers.
- Candidate shall develop a disciplined process for assessing program adequacy and shall lead reviews for branch leadership prior to milestone reviews.
- Candidate shall assist the government engineer or program manager in executing program-level IPTs for systems engineering, risk management, test and evaluation, and configuration management through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks.”
- Candidate shall actively participate in and provide input to program functional IPTs, interim program reviews, milestone decisions, and other program-related meetings or updates by taking detailed notes and working with government counterparts to address and resolve issues raised by stakeholders.
- Candidate shall assist the government engineer or program manager in executing technical reviews, manufacturing readiness reviews, or system audits through utilization of subject matter expertise to provide solutions and strategies to overcome programmatic issues and risks.
- Candidate shall develop, review, and maintain systems engineering documentation (e.g., Systems Engineering Plans, Configuration Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
- Candidate shall provide systems engineering input to other program documentation (e.g., Life Cycle Cost Estimates, Life Cycle Management Plans, etc.) in support of assigned programs.
- Candidate shall provide systems engineering risk analysis and independent reviews of engineering and program risk analysis for assigned programs.
- Candidate shall translate assigned program requirements into language for product specifications and contract statements of work, and shall help determine the appropriate contract data reporting required.
- Candidate shall maintain systems engineering tools for requirements traceability.
- Candidate shall be required to brief branch and other senior leadership on programs.
- Candidate shall respond to systems engineering inquiries and taskers assigned by the branch chief engineer. Candidate shall manage and support software configuration control for both internal and fielding implementations.
- Candidate shall provide recommendations and best practices to be incorporated into maintenance and sustainment plans.
- Candidate shall perform requirements analysis, derive system performance specifications, define and scope technical work through the contract PWS, and manage technical design contractors to ensure the mission is executed in accordance with planned engineering cost, schedule, and performance parameters.
- Candidate shall develop capabilities documents and SOWs to support development and fielding of hardware and software capabilities.
Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a government security clearance at a secret level.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities