ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Electrician
Job Number: 19-009-ELECT-01
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Clearance Requirement: Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Performs electrical tasks and supports electrical solutions associated with the renovation and reconfiguration of office, laboratory, and general industrial spaces.
At least 5 years of experience performing job duties such as: troubleshooting Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)/Control Systems; bending various size conduits; performing preventive maintenance on electrical systems; pulling wire; plan and conduct rough ins for switches, plugs and panels; wire or rewire HVAC installations; conduct maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure; read schematics and blueprints; have knowledge 3 phase motors and distribution systems; know lock out/tag out procedures; and, have an understanding of OSHA, NEC, NFPA codes plus Simplex or other life safety monitoring systems. Ability to: work from drawings and follow written procedures, prioritize and perform multiple tasks, work well in a team and independently.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Fostering and maintaining a positive and safe working environment
- Electrical troubleshooting and repairing of facilities equipment and infrastructure
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on facilities equipment, evaluating effectiveness (content and frequency), and making necessary changes following our quality system guidelines
- Organizing and directing outside contractors as needed
- Supporting continuous improvement activities
- Committing to continuous personal development aligned with current commitments and business goals
- Working at multiple facilities to meet business needs
- Secret clearance eligibility required.
- At least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment with a focus on facilities
- 3 phase distribution systems
- Generators and uninterruptable power systems
- Programming and operating building automation systems
- Creating scopes of work for electrical work * Basic understanding of Simplex or other life safety monitoring systems
- Desktop computer skills, coupled with a basic understanding of networking and operating systems as related to control systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of OSHA, NEC, NFPA codes
- Work from drawings and follow written procedures
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Work overtime, work weekends, and perform on-call duties as required to meet enterprise needs.
- Climb and work from ladders and aerial lifts
- Work well in a team as well as independently
- Manage electrical contractors
Willingness to learn new things and take on new tasks.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities