ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Mathematical Scientist – Senior
Job Number: 19-007-MATH-SCI-SENIOR-01
Location: Patuxent River, MD
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
The candidate will provide mathematic support services for the planning and execution of Navy programs at different acquisition category levels and in all phases of a program life cycle. This is accomplished through understanding of and adherence to the DoDI 5000.02, acquisition streamlining initiatives, and analysis of performance indicating metrics.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to apply standardized mathematical formulas, principles, and methodology to technological problems in engineering and physical sciences in relation to specific industrial and research objectives, processes, equipment, and products.
- Person is a recognized authority in a specialty area.
- Capable of solving major problems in a narrow specialty field, or over a broad scope of specialties.
- Ability to provide recommendations and conclusions of the person are considered authoritative and are seldom questioned from a technical point of view.
- Capable of exercising a high degree of originality and sound judgement in formulating, evaluating, and correlating broad engineering/scientific concepts, guiding the analysis of unique problems, and developing new and improved techniques and methods.
- Capable of interpreting, organizing and executing projects concerned with unique or controversial items having a major effect on the programs.
- Applies intensive and diverse knowledge to problems and makes independent decisions.
- Conduct research in fundamental mathematics or in application of mathematical techniques to science, management, and other fields. Solve problems in various fields using mathematical methods.
- Applies knowledge and experience in supporting Business Analytics.
- Provides analytical rigor, tools, processes, and policy to identify, evaluate, measure efficiencies and provide decision makers with sound, scientific, and quantitative basis for making decisions.
- Uses operations research methods and mathematical techniques to analyze acquisition problems, develop techniques in applied mathematics, and completes analytical studies.
- Conducts analytical investigations, develops analysis methods and techniques, acts as management consultant, and manages mathematical operations relating to acquisition.
- Responsible for the technical validity of studies.
- Document and communicates orally and in writing the results of work along with recommendations for staff actions and summaries.
- Formulate and apply mathematical modeling and other optimizing methods to develop and interpret information that assists management with decision making, policy formulation, or other managerial functions.
- Collect and analyze data and develop decision support software, service, or products.
- Develop and supply optimal time, cost, or logistics networks for program evaluation, review, or implementation.
- Secret clearance required.
- MA/MS degree in a mathematical science field
- Over ten (10) years’ experience performing work related to the labor category functional description
Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a government security clearance at a secret level.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities