ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Cagewash Technician 1
Job Number: 19-07-02-CT1
Location: Baltimore, MD
Citizenship/Clearance Requirement: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain a favorable suitability determination and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Functional Title: Cagewash Technician 1
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
Citizenship/Clearance requirement: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain a favorable suitability determination and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Performs general Cagewash Technician duties associated with cage sanitation and preparation for reuse in a research setting including animal husbandry, maintenance of cages and sanitary conditions.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cleans and sanitizes animal cages and equipment. Handles clean caging and equipment appropriately, puts clean bedding into cages and restocks supplies.
- Monitors and records results of cagewash water temperature using provided supplies such as temperature strips.
- Disposes of waste following appropriate Standard Operating Procedures.
- Assists in sanitation and decontamination in all areas of the facility.
- Understand and follow appropriate safety procedures and quality assurance guidelines.
- Ability to lift, pull, push and handle cages, racks, large pieces of equipment, feed, bedding and other materials in the research facility.
- Receives and stores materials, food and supplies.
- Transports caging supplies between animal rooms and cage wash rooms
- Reports mechanical failures promptly and properly to the supervisor
- Performs microbiological sampling in accordance with SOP
- Ensures that all logbooks, checklists and other records are completed in a timely fashion.
- May assist in basic animal husbandry support.
- May assist in housekeeping duties such as trash collection and cleaning animal facility laboratories, offices and ancillary areas.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.