ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Science & Technology Analyst/ Project Acquisition Engineer
Job Number: 08-24-004-SCI_TECH
Location: Harford County, MD
Clearance Requirement: Active Secret
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Performance Based Tasks Required:
- Candidate shall provide analytical equipment expertise, assessing equipment capabilities and performance and reporting information to higher headquarters.
- Candidate shall provide cross-Enterprise coordination of analytical equipment performance; equipment like a mobile lab, Gas Chromatograph Mass Spectrometer (GCMS), and Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (LCMS), as well as others.
- Candidate shall develop Courses of Action (COAs) for acquisitions that maximize technical performance while minimizing cost. In addition, Candidate shall present all findings to leadership.
- Candidate shall serve as the SME on Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) chemical analytical equipment (i.e. GCMS, LCMS, Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR), Raman Spectroscopy, etc.).
- Candidate shall evaluate proposed user requirements and analytical equipment.
- Candidate shall provide training and training oversight for analytical equipment and associated mobile laboratories.
- Candidate shall assist leadership in conducting technical refreshment, developing strategies and schedule timeframes which will work synergistically within the JPEO-CBRND portfolio to minimize overall cost to the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Candidate shall research and provide audience-tailored answers to inquiries concerning analytical instrumentation and methods, laboratory equipment and operations, new technologies, and other related areas.
- Candidate shall create cross-portfolio solutions to assist in better buying power initiatives.
- Candidate shall evaluate science and technology products to determine their effectiveness, to include conducting Technology readiness Assessments (TRAs).
- Candidate shall interface with the customer to expedite the transition of technology to the user. In addition, Candidate shall develop Technology Transfer Agreements (TTAs).
- Candidate shall review analytical methods for completeness and level of effort required, making recommendations in information papers.
- Candidate shall evaluate test and analytical methods for component-level evaluations being performed by the Prime.
- Candidate shall develop test strategies to maximize analytical equipment effectiveness.
- Candidate shall prepare and/or review test plans for component-level performance testing.
- Candidate shall provide support to developmental testing, user defined events, multiservice operational assessments and tests.
- Candidate shall provide on-site analytical equipment support (e.g., operation, maintenance, functional checks, etc.) during test events.
- Candidate shall provide input to sample processing, data interpretation, analysis of findings, and recommendations for system changes during test readiness evaluations.
- Candidate shall evaluate raw data generated from testing and data analyses performed by the Prime.
- Candidate shall assist the program office in test deficiency identification and create implementable corrective actions.
- Candidate shall defend technical decisions on program performance.
- Candidate shall assist leadership to develop decisions models to be used to reduce the number of candidate systems for consideration.
- Candidate shall assist the Joint Product Manager (JPdM) in program initiation, to include development of program acquisition strategies and plans.
- Candidate shall review and provide comments on high-level documents (e.g., requirements documents, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), test plans, Memorandums of Agreement (MOAs), Memorandums of Understanding (MOUs), Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Configuration Management Plans (CMPs), etc.).
- Candidate shall draft briefings for command-level reviews to discuss technical alternatives between competing CBRN technologies.
- Candidate shall review cost estimates for operating costs of analytical equipment. In addition, Candidate shall develop estimates for analytical equipment, durables, and consumables.
- Candidate shall provide consumable pricing and logistical support to assist in the development of Test Support Packages (TSPs), to include Technical Manuals (TMs) and Special Text (STs) documents.
- Candidate shall review and advise on TM content.
- Candidate shall assist and conduct fielding of mobile laboratories.
- Candidate shall assist and conduct site assessments.
- Candidate shall create Quality Assurance (QA) / Quality Control (QC) procedures and policies.
- Candidate shall ensure product teams are aware of deadlines and technical objectives.
- Candidate shall engage in open and collaborative communication (e.g., briefings, presentations, etc.) regarding science and technology innovations at conferences and meetings.
- Candidate shall support, participate in, and provide input to program functional Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and subgroups, In-Process Reviews (IPRs), and associated program updates.
- Candidate shall conduct meetings to determine prioritized user needs within funding constraints
Candidate must possess and be able to maintain a government security clearance at a secret level.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities