ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Environmental Safety Specialist
Job Number: 19-006-ENVIR-SAFETY-SPEC-01
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Clearance Requirement: Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Duties and Responsibilities:
Serves as a technical expert in areas relevant to the project. Must be able to demonstrate experience in supporting Environmental, Safety, and Hazardous Material solutions. Produces and reviews technical documentation reflecting detailed knowledge of specific technical area. Recommends measures to improve methods, performance, and quality of product or service, and suggests changes to increase efficiency.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Conducts inventories of hazardous materials in over industrial and lab facilities, to include all chemicals, batteries, compressed gas cylinders, and fuel tanks.
- Provides annual report to satisfy Emergency Planning and Community Right-to-Know Act (EPCRA) requirements.
- Works with scientists and engineers to find alternatives to hazardous chemicals and reduce the number of hazardous materials.
- Maintains database of all chemicals used in the shops and labs, tracking quantities, locations, and associated safety data sheets.
- Performs monthly inspections of Satellite Accumulation Areas, fire extinguishers, AEDs, and emergency lights.
- Identifies safety deficiencies
- Provides assistance to first responders during emergencies and Industrial Hygienists in evaluating the health and safety of employee work areas.
- Accompanies representatives from the Environmental Protection Agency, State and Military organizations on inspections of facilities.
- Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
- Bachelor’s desired (Environmental or Safety related, or related discipline)
- Five (5) years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education
- Experience must be current within the last five (5) years.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, positive attitude
- Microsoft Office experience required
- Advanced communication skills interacting with government representatives as well as industry partners
- Willingness to learn new things and take on new tasks.
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities