ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Specialist
Job Number: 19-006-FAC-MAINT-01
Location: Fort Belvoir, VA
Clearance Requirement: Eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Performs general contractor-type tasks understanding the requirements of the overall job and the roles and scheduling of the various trades required to accomplish demolition, renovation and reconfiguration of office, laboratory and general industrial spaces.
Understands both detailed and overall scheduling necessary to plan and accomplish facilities maintenance and renovation solutions. Have at least 5 years of experience and may also perform facilities maintenance tasks applying in-depth familiarity with mechanical, electrical systems and other trades necessary to modify existing facilities to print – on time. Have an understanding of OSHA, NEC and NFPA codes and be able to inspect and direct others in a safe workplace. Must be able to work from drawings and follow written procedures, prioritize and perform multiple tasks, work well in a team and independently.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Ability to perform general maintenance as it relates to the functionality of the facility.
- Experience in modifying existing facilities into a new Ideation Laboratory.
- Ability to expand on existing space to provide a workable workspace facility.
- Ability to gather necessary requirements/needs from the Government SMEs and provide a detailed drawing, time-line and cost estimate.
- Understanding of OSHA, NEC, NFPA codes
- Ability to manage to a deadline.
- Secret clearance eligibility required.
- At least 5 years of experience in an industrial environment with a focus on facilities maintenance.
- 3 phase distribution systems
- Generators and uninterruptable power systems
- Programming and operating building automation systems
- Creating scopes of work for electrical work * Basic understanding of Simplex or other life safety monitoring systems
- Extensive PLC and variable speed drive experience
- Desktop computer skills, coupled with a basic understanding of networking and operating systems as related to control systems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Work from drawings and follow written procedures
- Prioritize and perform multiple tasks
- Work overtime, work weekends, and perform on-call duties as required to meet enterprise needs.
- Climb and work from ladders and aerial lifts
- Work well in a team as well as independently
- Manage contractors
Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and be eligible to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security clearance.
Click Here to return to the current list of employment opportunities