ALL POSITIONS REQUIRE U.S. CITIZENSHIP AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.
Submit resumes in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com and include the job number in the subject line.
Job Title: Facility Attendant – NIDA
Job Number: 19-07-02-FA1
Location: Baltimore, MD
Citizenship/Clearance Requirement: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain a favorable suitability determination and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
Status: Full Time
Salary: Based on experience
Benefits: 401K, Life/Health/Dental/Disability Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Tuition Reimbursement
Functional Title: Facility Attendant – NIDA
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
Citizenship/Clearance requirement: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen, eligible to obtain and maintain a favorable suitability determination and pass a pre-employment drug screening.
To provide facility cleaning services for the staff and selected laboratories. Responsible for inventory monitoring, stocking, and submission of supply requests to project secretary. Provides facility cleaning services for the animal care facility, selected laboratories and offices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sweeps and mops all assigned lab and office areas and hallways, locker rooms, including floors, walls, ceilings, countertops and equipment. Uses approved chemicals in specified dilutions and approved cleaning tools and equipment. Send and receive laundry, and perform weekly uniform inventory
- Collects trash from assigned rooms and replaces with clean can liners. Dispose of bundled trash in appropriate dumpsters/receptacles.
- Monitors levels of cleaning supplies and requests replenishment as needed.
- Thoroughly cleans all refrigerators in the animal care facility.
- Ensures that all checklists and other records are complete in a timely fashion.
- Performs all work assignments in accordance with guidelines established by federal, state and local regulatory agencies.
- Receives deliveries, organizes supply room and maintains adequate levels of stock.
- Provides a regular and predictable attendance schedule.
- May assist in cagewash support.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or General Education Degree (G.E.D.)
- Experience: No previous experience is required.
- Other: Ability to read, write, understand and follow directions. Ability to recognize and communicate verbally and/or in writing, problems requiring the attention of high level personnel in a timely and appropriate manner.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to stand; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds and/or move racks and carts with supplies and equipment weighing more than 50 pounds.
- General office working conditions, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in high, precarious places and may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid and temporarily hot or cold temperature conditions, toxic or caustic chemicals, biohazardous materials / agents, infectious disease, and risk of electric shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee must be approved to wear respiratory, eye and hearing protection.